All listings meet accessibility specifications
for restrooms, entry, seating (if applicable) and nearby parking listed on our
home page unless otherwise indicated.
all cultural events, call ahead well in advance to ensure seating space and special
assistance if needed.
Produces new plays and an annual play festival.
1001 Center St STE 12, Santa
479-8101 • www.sccat.org • email@example.com
Limited accessible seating
Concert, dance hall, bar
1011 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz 95060
- Usually operable elevator lift to the dance floor
- Restaurant accessible
No elevator to upper (arcade) floor
HENRY J MELLO CENTER FOR THE
Premier performance and concert hall, featuring symphony,
latino, folkloric, taiko drums, and more.
250 East Beach St., Watsonville
763-4047 • www.mellocenter.com
- Six lower level accessible seating spaces
- Elevator up to the balcony
where there are two more accessible seating spaces
Nonprofit jazz and education center.
320-2 Cedar St, Santa
427-2227 • www.kuumbwajazz.org
Accessible performance facility and bar
LOUDEN NELSON COMMUNITY CENTER
Multi-purpose community center, home to Downtown Seniors, Community Children’s
Center, auditorium, daily classes and much more.
301 Center St, Santa Cruz
420-6177 • www.nelsoncenter.com
- Ramped access to meeting rooms on back
(Washington street) side
Separate ramped entry to performance room
- Stadium seating and wheelchair
seating on floor
- Assistive listening equipment available
signage throughout facility
PACIFIC CULTURAL CENTER
center, performance and special events auditorium.
1307 Seabright Ave, Santa
425-8893 • www.pacificcultural.org
- Accessible auditorium and dining room
(through side door)
studio not accessible
SANTA CRUZ CIVIC AUDITORIUM
and special events auditorium.
307 Church St, Santa Cruz 95060
Accessible seating for all events
THE 418 PROJECT
for the arts.
418 Front St, Santa Cruz 95060
UCSC PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
program of dance, drama and special events.
1156 High St, Santa Cruz 95060
459-2974 • www.ucsc.edu
(follow links to “theater arts center”) Fax: 459-5359
- Mainstage Theater,
Media Theater, Second Stage, Music Center are all accessible
in the Recital Hall/Music Center
- Theater Arts Mainstage, Experimental
Theater and Second Stage all offer assistive listening devices to patrons upon
- If requested in advance (minimum 5 working days), large-print
programs will be provided.
- Every effort will be made to provide sign-language
interpretation if notice is given 6 weeks before opening performance
SHAKESPEARE SANTA CRUZ
Summer drama festival at UCSC.
1156 High St, Santa Cruz 95060
459-2159 (ticket office
- Innovative theatrical productions
seating indoors and outdoors
1156 High St, Santa Cruz 95060 • 427-2998
(Follow links to “arboretum”)
Two parking locations — upper
and lower lots.
Some accessible paved paths throughout gardens with varying
inclines. Accessible gift shop.
VETERANS MEMORIAL BUILDING
concerts and special events.
846 Front St, Santa Cruz 95060
- Nearby public parking/transportation
- Elevator to all floors and
- Braille signage throughout facility
41st AVENUE CINEMAS
1475 41st Ave, Capitola 95010 • 479-3504
• New construction, very accessible
DEL MAR THEATER
1124 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz 95060
469-3220 • www.thenick.com
- Elevator to mid-level lobby and upper screens
- Wheelchair seating
at back of upstairs rooms and scattered around large downstairs room
Point of sale (tickets, refreshments) accessible
- Assistive listening equipment
210 Lincoln St,
Santa Cruz 95060
426-7500 • www.thenick.com
- Screening rooms have wheelchair locations available; Please ask—may
require that staff move a fixed seat in the smaller rooms
- Assistive listening
equipment available (radio)
155 S River
St, Santa Cruz 95060 • 460-2599
- Point of sale locations
- Seating rooms with raised accessible seating area in front
third of room
- Assistive listening equipment available (radio)
CRUZ CINEMA 9
1405 Pacific Ave, Santa Cruz 95060
- Elevator, escalator to screens and toilets
- Accessible seating spread
through screening rooms
- Point of sale kiosk and counters accessible
listening equipment available (radio)
Contemporary art exhibits and sculpture garden.
Elm St, Santa Cruz CA 95060 • 408-373-2854
Wide aisle space between
MCPHERSON ART & HISTORY MUSEUM
of local history and contemporary art, and a gift shop.
705 Front St, Santa
429-1964 • www.santacruzmah.org
- Elevator to all floors
- Assistive listening equipment is sometimes
available (varies with exhibit)
- Braille throughout facility
CRUZ NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM
Exhibits on native peoples, geology and local
1305 East Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz 95062
Exhibit space is open and accessible, though the tide pool touch tank is difficult
to reach from a chair
SANTA CRUZ SURFING MUSEUM
Over 100 years
of Santa Cruz surfing history.
Mark Abbott Lighthouse
701 West Cliff Dr, Santa
- Small accessible museum
- No restroom
Marine research center, aquarium and education center.
100 Schaffer Rd, Santa Cruz 95060
- Large-print programs available upon
- Assistive listening devices available for conferences, lectures
and special events
- Entrance theater has subtitles
Small urban tasting room.
Old Sash Mill
303 Potrero St,
#35, Santa Cruz 95060
458-0464 • www.storrswine.com
- Locally grown wines
No public restrooms
Shakespeare Santa Cruz provides accessible
seating for outdoor as well
Let us know about your favorite
accessible resource, order a print version of the guide, or just tell us what
you think! We welcome your thoughts, tips, suggestions and contributions.We can
be reached at:
PO BOX 396
Santa Cruz, CA 95061